Disclosure: This post or page may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
If you are an AliExpress drop shipper and shopping on AliExpress for your buyers, you might be wondering which payment methods for AliExpress should be trusted and to what extent, and if they are quick and convenient.
It becomes even more significant when you buy a branded product and receive a counterfeit product and lose a significant amount of money to AliExpress scammers.
I can certainly understand that among so many different payment methods for AliExpress, it is quite tricky to decide on the best one.
In this article, I will dig deep into all payment methods for AliExpress and guide you to decide on the best one for you.
What are the available payment methods for AliExpress?
There are lots of payment methods available on AliExpress. The most-used and accepted payment methods are:
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
Let’s have a look from a closer lens at each payment method:
PayPal is an online payment platform that makes paying for things online and sending and receiving money safe and secure. PayPal is a secure payment method and offers buyer protection.
This is a popular payment method on AliExpress as it allows you to pay with your bank account or a credit card.
To select PayPal as your payment method at the checkout page, you will need to create a PayPal account and link it to your bank account or credit card.
- Highly secure interface (Its 128-bit encryption technology keeps your bank details safe)
- 180 days window for buyer protection against fraud
- High transaction fees depending on the payment method chosen
- Unavailable in several countries
2. Debit Card
The next popular option that AliExpress offers is a debit card.
It is also a safe and very convenient payment method, as it allows you to pay with your bank account.
Considering a debit card is a fast and safe way to pay for your products on AliExpress, you should definitely consider using them.
- Worldwide acceptance
- It can be used anywhere credit cards are accepted
- All transactions are not protected against fraud
3. Credit cards
Credit cards are one of the most popular payment options when it comes to convenience, acceptance, and safety. This is why it is a great choice for online shopping globally.
AliExpress accepts all major credit cards, and you can take advantage of their buyer protection program.
As credit card companies offer protection to their buyers, this program will cover your purchase. Thus credit cards are a convenient and safe payment method.
- Builds a credit history
- Global acceptance
- Buyer protection, should there be a problem with your purchase
- Credit cards can result in debt if full payment is not made by the deadline
- Significant interest rates, and late payment fees as well as it can spoil the future if used unconsciously
Note: People fall into a debt trap with credit cards easily; so unless you are responsible enough, avoid using them.
Alipay is a payment method that is particularly popular in China. It is an online payment platform launched in 2004 by Alibaba Group. Alipay allows customers to pay for goods and services using their mobile phones.
To make purchases on AliExpress with Alipay, all you need to do is create an account and link it to your credit card or bank account. It is widely used in China.
- Pay with a bank account or a credit card
- No foreign exchange fees
- Not a global player like PayPal
- Alipay does not involve itself in disputes between merchants and customers
WebMoney is an online payment interface that facilitates users to transfer funds as well as make payments using their WebMoney accounts.
To use WebMoney for purchases on AliExpress, all you need to do is create an account and add money to your account and start shopping.
On WebMoney, your personal information is kept private and not shared with the sellers on AliExpress. They also offer cheap transaction fees.
If you are looking for cheap transaction fees and a private payment method, WebMoney could be your answer.
6. Western Union
Our next recommended payment method on AliExpress is Western Union. It’s not only a convenient way to pay, but also very safe.
Western Union is one of the most popular secure payment methods on AliExpress.
To send money through Western Union, you will need to fill up a form and then provide the following information:
- Receiver’s First Name
- Receiver’s Last Name
Once done, you will be able to transfer funds through Western Union. The receiver will be able to collect the money almost immediately from a Western Union collection point in their country.
- A fast payment network (Almost same day)
- Available in over 200 countries
- Secure and reliable
- High transfer fees
- Unavailable in several countries
7. Bank transfer
A bank transfer payment method is a traditional method that allows users to transfer money from their bank account to another person’s bank account.
It goes through your bank’s network and this is a secure way to pay. The transfer however may take days.
- Low fees
- Secure and reliable
- Takes several days to get processed
8. Yandex Money
Yandex Money is yet another name on AliExpress that you can trust. It is also an online payment service that you can use to send money to anyone in the world.
- Available in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan
- Supports different payment methods
- A high level of security and a reliable payment processing through a secure server
- Not available globally
9. Carte Bleue
The Carte Bleue payment method is limited to buyers in France only. It is a Pay Later option that allows you to purchase items on AliExpress and pay for them later.
To create an account and use Carte Bleue, you need to provide your personal information. Once your account is ready, you can purchase on AliExpress using Carte Bleue.
- Works as a legal residency proof in France
- The holder is allowed to work in France
- Limits on how much you can spend
10. Cash on Delivery (COD Saudi Arabia)
COD stands for Cash on Delivery and is an ideal payment method where you can pay with cash upon delivery of your order.
It is a secure payment method and you can easily avoid using your credit cards online.
However, this payment option is available to buyers in Saudi Arabia only.
- No transaction charges
- Available in Saudi Arabia, and select countries
- A delivery fee may be charged to the courier
Payment processing time
When buying from AliExpress, you must consider the processing time for your chosen payment method. Payment methods with quick processing time can help your items reach you quickly.
For example, bank transfers may take up to several days, while online payment methods like PayPal, and credit and debit card payments are faster to process.
The level of buyer protection at AliExpress
When purchasing on AliExpress, it is important to choose a payment method that delivers a high level of buyer protection because sometimes you might bump into dishonest sellers.
- PayPal. PayPal is the best as it offers protection for all types of orders
- Debit/Credit Card. Cards offer limited buyer protection
We recommend paying via PayPal as it offers up to 6 months of buyer protection and your chances of winning a claim if very high as a buyer. At the same time, Alipay is also a reliable option in terms of buyer protection.
Read why the US adds AliExpress to Online Fraud List
Tips to use each payment method safely and securely
When it comes to choosing a payment method on AliExress, there are different payment methods to choose from.
Each of them has its own pros and cons and you should look at both to make a decision as to which one will work for you and which one will be the best.
Let’s have a closer look at some tips so that your payment methods for AliExpress are safe and work for you:
- Credit cards are a popular payment as well as one of the most dangerous payment methods on AliExpress. Make sure you check your credit card transactions without fail and report any suspicious activities.
- PayPal is yet another popular payment method. It is safe as it does not disclose your credit card or bank account details. It also offers 180 days of Buyer protection, still, it is very difficult to open a dispute with PayPal if something goes wrong.
- Bank transfers. Bank transfers are safe but take several days. If you want protection, this is the best option you can have.
Irrespective of which payment method you use, it is important to take precautions to protect your money from frauds and scams. For your safety and protection, follow these steps:
- Avoid sharing your payment information with strangers.
- Use only the payment methods that you trust and have a buyer protection policy
- Regularly check your card statements and report any frauds immediately
FAQs on Payment Methods on AliExpress
What are the best payment methods to use on AliExpress?
You can use AliPay, Credit Card, and PayPal which are quick, convenient, and secure. I prefer PayPal due to their 180 days protection plan.
Can you pay by PayPal on AliExpress?
Yes, you can use PayPal to pay on AliExpress.
Is it safe to pay on AliExpress?
It is absolutely safe to pay on AliExpress.
Can I trust AliExpress with my credit card details?
Yes, your credit card details are processed via a secure server and so it is safe to use credit cards.
Which payment methods for AliExpress do we recommend?
I recommend PayPal. Other online secure payment methods are Credit cards as well as Alipay.
As you have gone through the entire article, you can conclude and see for yourself that PayPal and credit cards are the two quick and secure payment methods. I would prefer PayPal as it offers buyer protection for 180 days.
What are your thoughts on these payment methods for AliExpress? Do you have any experience with AliExpress, good or bad that you want to share? Please share your comment in the comment box below.
Leave a Reply